Computational Fluid Dynamics is a broad field of science and technology that leverages advanced methods of CFD numerical analysis to solve different problems in continuum mechanics.
There are several applications of numerical analysis in identifying the problems such as simulation of heat transfer and turbulent flow in a jet engine; determining a lift and drag on the car or an aircraft; studying the atmospheric boundary layer. However, the numerical methods and mathematical models will be different for each problem.
Types of Numerical Flow Analysis
There is a wide range of numerical flow analysis CFD code that is capable of handling problems across different industries. Numerical flow analysis is most reliable and efficient solution for dynamic, structural, thermal, and fluid dynamics issues.
There are different types of Numerical Analysis in CFD as discussed herewith:
- Buckling: This includes analyzing a combination of loads or critical compression static loads that result into instability.
- Linear and non-linear static analysis: Analyzing response of a structure to modeling of contact, critical loads, large deformations, and non-linear material behavior.
- Random response: Identifying response of structure to certain excitations that are defined with probabilistic magnitude.
- Normal modes and frequency response: Analyzing response to frequency driven excitations and vibrations.
- Impact: Identifying response of a structure that follows collision.
- Dynamic and transient response: Response of structure through time with certain variations of boundary conditions.
- Fatigue analysis: Predicting the life of the structure that is subject to vibrations and cyclic loading.
- Thermal stress: Identifying thermal stress that is induced by temperature distribution.
What are the Different Types of Materials that are Numerically Analyzed in CFD?
CFD Numerical Analysis is performed on different types of materials such as:
- Anisotropic and orthotropic for material properties that show direction dependency such as wood or composite
- Isotropic for non-metallic and standard metallic materials
- Material behavior that is driven by experimental linear and non-linear data that allows accurate representation of materials used by the customers
- Elastomeric materials and hyper-elastic for rubbers
- Non-linear material behavior sustaining permanent deformations or complex behavior
Application of Numerical Analysis in CFD
Numerical analysis in CFD has different applications across varied industries that help in having in-depth approach of Computational Fluid Dynamics. This includes:
- Free surface and multiphase flows
- Analyzing, designing, and optimizing surrounding and immersed components
- Flow mixing
- Fluid structure interaction
- Transient CFD simulations and steady state simulation of external or internal liquid or gas flows
- Moving bodies and rotating equipment
- Transonic, incompressible, and compressible flows
- Optimal turbulence modeling approach
- Sliding and rotating interfaces, multiple reference frames, deformable meshes
- Thermal modeling and heat transfer
CFD numerical analysis has immense significance in engineering and technical industries, which is leveraged across different components to identify heat transfer, fatigue analysis, linear and non-linear structural CFD analysis. However, CFD numerical analysis is a complex procedure and demands professional expertise. Hence, hire only experienced and skilled consultants to have the best value for money across different engineering and mechanical projects.
Contact us for more information about CFD Numeric Analysis Services.